J-series Services Routers
- A highly advanced set of mechanisms fully protects enterprise routers from outside threats.
- A full, rich set of IPv4 and IPv6 features and routing protocols are combined with the broadest MPLS features available.
- A comprehensive range of interfaces support serial, T1/E1, Fast Ethernet, DS3/E3, ISDN, ADSL2/2+, G.SHDSL, and Gigabit Ethernet.
- JUNOS® software delivers high levels of resiliency, stability, and uptime.
Juniper Networks J-series Routers, consisting of the J2320, J2350, J4350 and J6350, offer predictable high performance and a variety of flexible interfaces that deliver secure, reliable network connectivity to remote, branch and regional offices. The J2320, J2350, J4350 and J6350 are Avaya voice-ready and all models run modular JUNOS® software, which offers many advanced services (MPLS, IPv6, QoS, multicast, etc) and security (stateful firewall and IPSec VPN), delivering high levels of security, uptime and performance at reduced operational costs. The J-series routers offers the performance headroom and extensible memory to meet future demands, providing unmatched reliability, investment protection and value for the enterprise.
- J2300 Services Router
The J2300 router is end-of-sale. The last order date for this product is September 30, 2008. In its place, we recommend the J2320 router.
- J4300 / J6300 Services Routers
The J4300 and J6300 routers are end-of-sale. The last order date for these products was April 30, 2008. In their place, we recommend the J4350 and J6350 respectively.
Key features and benefits of the J-series routers include the following:
- Unmatched performance with services enabled (Firewall, NAT, IPSec, etc.)
- Four on-board GigE ports and expandable WAN and LAN interfaces via modules (including GigE) on J2320, J2350, J4350 and J6350
- Comprehensive range of interfaces supporting Serial, T1/E1, FE, DS3/E3, ISDN, ADSL2/2+, G.SHDSL and Gigabit Ethernet
- A full, rich set of IPv4/IPv6 features and routing protocols combined with the broadest MPLS features available
- J2320, J2350, J4350 and J6350 are Avaya voice ready
- Wide array of Layer 2 access protocols including Frame Relay, Ethernet and PPP/HDLC
- Rich and granular QoS and instrumentation for prioritizing mission-critical traffic such as voice
- Network Address Translation (NAT), Stateful firewall, IPSec and J-Flow accounting
- Single JUNOS image regardless of features activated, thus reducing operational cost and complexity
With the JUNOS operating system, the Juniper Networks J-series routers deliver the following benefits to the enterprise:
- Security - Juniper Networks delivers the most advanced set of mechanisms for fully protecting enterprise routers from outside threats. The J-series routers give network staff complete control even while under attack, with the console port always available to add new filters and policies with just a few fast and simple steps.
- High uptime - The modular and fault-protected software design of the JUNOS operating system delivers high levels of resiliency and stability in the J-series routers. Unlike traditional enterprise routers, which any small bug can quickly spread into a larger problem, each software module in the JUNOS operating system runs independently and cannot impact other areas. Other resiliency features include next-generation CLI for accurate configuration, and a rescue button for fast system recovery.
- Predictable performance - The J-series routers maintain high levels of QoS control and throughput when needed for the most demanding periods of network congestion. Modular software architectures are essential for the sorting and scheduling of traffic to ensure that the most important applications have first priority with networking resources.
- Unmatched value - No licensing fees are required for advanced services such as IPv6, MPLS, IPSec and stateful firewall. No port licenses are required to operate onboard or modular interfaces.
- Avaya IG550 Integrated Gateway Information on Avaya.com
- WXC Integrated Services Module 200553 KB
- Ethernet Universal PIMs for the Juniper Networks SSG and J-series686 KB
- Dual-port Channelized T1/E1 Physical Interface Module (PIM)142 KB
- Physical Interface Module (PIM) Compatibility Matrix for J-series Routers and Secure Services Gateways124 KB
- Ethernet Enhanced PIMs120 KB
- 4-port ISDN BRI PIM135 KB
- ADSL PIM132 KB
- Dual-port T1/E1 PIM135 KB
- Dual-port Synchronous Serial PIM134 KB
- Dual-port Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) PIM134 KB
- DS3 and E3 PIM138 KB
- G.SHDSL PIM127 KB
All product specifications can be found in the datasheets:
Juniper Networks J-series Services Routers: J2320, J2350, J4350, and J63501.48 MB
Q&A with a Juniper executive on the integration of new security services from its ScreenOS operating system into JUNOS software and what that means for both enterprises and service providers. Other topics also include discussion around security services strategy for JUNOS software.
J-series Router Product Overview
Learn more about how the J-series services routers offer predictable high performance and a variety of flexible interfaces to deliver secure reliable network connectivity to your remote, branch and regional offices - 4:03 Minutes.
Juniper Networks Branch Office Demo
Branch offices are a critical component of today's enterprises. By some accounts, between 80% and 90% of employees are located in branch or regional offices. The result of all the latest trends is the need for a new branch office solution - one that meets branch office security, connectivity, and performance challenges and requirements. Take a look at this demo to the see the latest branch office trends and challenges, the requirements for building an ideal branch office solution, as well as the Juniper Networks security, networking and application acceleration branch office solutions that will meet your needs. See the demo.
Juniper J2320, J2350 J4350 and J6350 routers support Avaya's IG550 Media Gateway–a set of plug-in modules that offers media gateway capabilities and a variety of traditional telephony interfaces for analog, digital and ISDN trunks, as well as analog and IP stations. The IG550 Media Gateway works with the Avaya S8400, S8500 and S8720 Media Servers running Avaya Communications Manager 4.0 to extend rich communications applications transparently to the branch from centralized locations. The IG550 media gateway also offers customers protection from business critical communications interruptions at the branch by offering a range of survivability options, enabling increased availability under a variety of network conditions up to and including complete loss of WAN connectivity. For more information on the Avaya IG550, please visit: http://www.avaya.com/juniper.
- Juniper Networks Enterprise Routers - New Levels of Security, Availability, Predictable Performance, and Operations Agility for Today's High-Performance Businesses936 KB
- Network Operating System Evolution410 KB
Detailed treatment of network OS evolution including architectural challenges, tradeoffs, opportunities, next-gen implications.
- Ensuring Business Continuity in Government695 KB