Offering customers the in-demand entertainment services — music, games, video, and voice — along with high-speed Internet is the "multiplay" opportunity for broadband service providers. To capitalize on this opportunity, the network must deliver a top-notch user experience.
Juniper Networks offers a broad portfolio of high-performance, scalable and intelligent multiplay solutions for introducing and further developing multiplay services. Our multiplay architecture enables dynamic allocation of bandwidth to deliver high-quality services efficiently to customers.
Multiplay revenue continues to evolve from broadcast content to an increasingly extensive menu of "on-demand" services. This requires end to end network control to assure the delivery of all applications to customers.
Juniper Networks helps providers launch multiplay IPTV broadcast services and then advance to more complex on-demand and interactive offerings without new network build-out. Our multiplay portfolio supports the following architecture components.
From the Multiservice Core to the Broadband Service Edge
Juniper Networks T- and M-series routers are at the core of the multiplay network to provide a rich set of features that support the reliable delivery of applications. Our solutions support point-to-multipoint label-switched paths (P2MP LSPs) for delivering video across the network core and distribution layers.
Our MX-series Ethernet Services Router (running subscriber management for JUNOS) and E-series Broadband Services Routers are deployed at the edge of the multiplay network. These platforms control subscriber access to the network regardless of the last mile connection such as DSL, PON or wireless. In addition to providing advanced subscriber management, they offer dynamic bandwidth allocation across unicast and multicast traffic, as well as QoS, security, lawful intercept, and policy-based control.
Policy Management and Security
The Juniper Networks Session and Resource Control Portfolio provides robust, customizable identity and policy management that allows service providers to rapidly create and deploy multiplay services. Our firewalls and IDP platforms provide network/application isolation and DoS and application-level protection across the entire multiplay network.
Solution Briefs and Brochures
- Maximizing Revenue with Multiplay Networks: Building a Services-Aware Network396 KB
- Juniper Networks IPTV Security Solution 305 KB
- Wireline Broadband Access Design: IGMP and VLAN 238 KB
- An Integrated Broadband Solution for True "On-Demand" Games Experiences: Offered by Juniper Networks and Exent Technologies231 KB
- An Integrated Solution for Delivering Assured Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Services177 KB
- Services-Aware Architecture307 KB
- Juniper Networks IPTV and Multiplay Center of Excellence258 KB
- Revenue and Cost-Optimized Architectures for Multiplay Services (Heavy Reading)258 KB
- Optimizing Media-Rich Content Delivery with Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths 350 KB
- The Benefits of P2MP Label Switched Paths for MPLS Networks, Ovum Analyst Paper 160 KB
- Building a Better Broadband Network413KB
- Do You Need a Broadband Remote Access Server?590 KB
- How Network Routers Affect IP Video Quality373 KB
- Multicast Call Admission Control204 KB
- Best Practices for Video Transit on an MPLS Backbone731 KB
- Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)272 KB
- Optimizing Broadband Service Delivery914 KB
- Introduction to IGMP for IPTV Networks564 KB
- Using PPPoE and IPoE in Ethernet Broadband Networks903 KB
- VLAN Design for IPTV Networks398 KB
- DSLAM Selection for Single-Edge IPTV Networks485 KB
- Using Multicast Call Admission Control for IPTV Bandwidth Management294 KB
- JUNOSe Software Support for DHCP in Service VLANs468 KB
- Building the Next Generation Multi-Service Broadband Network748 KB
- DHCP Subscriber Management369 KB
- Juniper Networks Delivers Ethernet Optimized Solutions for IPTV and Multiplay Networks
- Juniper Networks Enhances IPTV and Multiplay Offerings with HP Integrated Service Management Solution
- Juniper Networks and Siemens Ease Deployment of IPTV and Multiplay Services
- Bestel Upgrades Next-Generation Multiplay Network with Juniper Networks Routing Platforms
- Juniper Delivers New Products to Optimize Ethernet Networks
- Juniper Networks Opens IP Network to Facilitate Deployment of IPTV and Multiplay Services
- FASTWEB Selects Juniper Networks to Expand Broadband Network for IPTV and VoIP Services
- Versatel Selects Juniper Networks for First Dutch Triple Play Over DSL Network
- Maxcom Expands Broadband Services with Juniper Networks Routing Platforms
- Citylink Deploys Juniper Networks J-series to Upgrade Premium Managed Services
- Lucent Technologies and Juniper Networks Solution Selected by Shenandoah Telecommunications to Meet Demand for DSL Services
- Juniper Networks Awarded Largest Share of China Telecom's Next-Generation Network
- Leading Korean Service Provider Boosts Value-Added Offerings with Juniper Networks
- Siemens and Juniper Networks Supply Broadband Solution to FastWeb for Its Digital Television Solution
- Broadband TV Over ADSL and Video Services Fuel Need for Juniper Networks Solutions at Slovenian ISP SiOL
- Telefonica Deploys Juniper Networks E-series Platforms to Deliver Entertainment Services to Consumers
- Ringgold Telephone Company Selects Juniper Networks to Provide Interactive Entertainment and Video Services