Juniper Networks Books
The authoritative guide to MPLS, in a fully updated Second Edition!
MPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and NewTechnologies Second Edition
by Ina Minei and Julian Lucek
With a foreword by Yakov Rekhter
Paperback, 512 Pages
ISBN: 0470986441 £39.95, €57.90, $80.00
Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, UK
Purchase from Amazon US: Purchase MPLS-Enabled Applications, 2nd Edition
Purchase from Amazon UK: MPLS-Enabled Applications
Browse the book, see a sample chapter, write reviews of the book.
"Here at last is a single, all-encompassing resource where the myriad applications sharpen into a comprehensible text."
- Kireeti Kompella, Juniper Fellow, Juniper Networks
"This book allows understanding what we can do today and what we will be able to do tomorrow with MPLS, as it covers not only stable and deployed technologies, but also new ones under development within the IETF."
- Jean-louis Le Roux, Senior Mpls Architect, Orange
"This should be the textbook for MPLS courses, both for training of experienced networking professionals and for universities."
- Loa Andersson, Acreo Ab, Iab-member And Ietf Mpls Working Group Co-chair
About this Book
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is now considered the networking technology for carrying all types of network traffic, including voice telephony, real-time video, and data traffic. MPLS-Enabled Applications methodically shows how MPLS holds the key to network convergence by allowing operators to offer more services over a single physical infrastructure. The Second Edition contains more than 150 illustrations, new chapters, and more coverage, guiding the reader from the basics of the technology, including signaling protocols, traffic engineering and fast reroute, though all its major applications.
MPLS-Enabled Applications will provide those involved in the design and deployment of MPLS systems, as well as those researching the area of MPLS networks, with a thoroughly modern view of how MPLS is transforming the networking world.
MPLS-Enabled Applications contains up-to-date coverage of:
- the current status and the future potential of all major MPLS applications, including L3VPNs, L2VPNs, pseudowires and VPLS.
- extensive discussion of multicast support over MPLS, including a new chapter on multicast in VPNs showing both the PIM/GRE next generation BGP/MPLS solutions, new material on VPLS multicast and a section on OAM tools for P2MP LSPs.
- a new chapter on MPLS in access networks, as well as coverage of the use of MPLS in mobile and data communication networks.
- detailed discussion of how to interoperate LDP and BGP based VPLS.
- comprehensive coverage of the base technology, as well as the latest IETF drafts, including topics such as P2MP LSPs, Diffserv-aware traffic engineering.
About the Authors
Ina Minei has been a network protocols engineer at Juniper Networks for the past five years working on next-generation network technologies for core routers, where she focuses on MPLS protocols and applications. She previously worked at Cisco for two years in various software development projects for routers and switches. Ms Minei is an active participant in industry fora and conferences and has co-filed several patents in the area of IP and MPLS. She holds a Master's degree in computer science from the Technion, Israel.
Julian Lucek joined Juniper Networks in 1999 and is currently the Technical Leader for Junos for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, where he has been working with many service providers on the design and evolution of their networks. He previously worked at BT for several years, at first in the Photonics Research Department and later in the data transport and routing area. During this time he gained a PhD in ultrahigh-speed data transmission and processing. He has a Master's degree in Physics from Cambridge University and holds Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE) certification number 21.